There's a lot going on at Giffnock URC!
Worship and Bible Study
Wednesdays @ 11.30am: Midweek Service
- an informal time of relaxed worship in the lounge. During summer months we all bring sandwiches to eat together after worship. From October to March we join others at our weekly "lunchbite" cafe!
Wednesdays @ 7.30pm: Bible Study
- every 2nd week (the 1st and 3rd Wed of every month.) Reading the Bible together, chatting and sharing!
Fridays @ 10.00am: Prayer Meeting
- group prayer time in the Vestry, for half an hour. We pray together for all those people and issues that folk have popped in the Prayer Request box, as well as anyone and anything else that is on our hearts.
Sundays @ 10am: Traditional Worship
- Hymns, prayers and reflection, with Junior Church for our younger members. Communion is celebrated on the 1st Sunday of every month, and all are welcome to take part! On the 4th Sunday of each month we have a special "all ages" service, especially for families.
At Giffnock URC we aim to make all our activities as accessable as possible to our older members. Activities particularly geared up for older folk include our yearly "Holiday At Home." Next year's Holiday at Home will run in early July. There will be crafts, dramatic readings, board games, a trip out and daily lunches served. We'd love to welcome you then! Please get in touch for more information and to book your place.
Every Thursday from 11.30 we welcome folk with dementia for lunch, followed by activities, a cuppa and a sing! Do get in touch if you care for someone with dementia - we'd love to welcome them!
From October to March every year, we host a weekly café, serving fabulous soup, rolls and home baking. We'd love to welcome you, and get to know you over a coffee and a bite to eat!
From October to March every year, we host a weekly coffee morning and sale, with tea, coffee and home baking. Saturdays, from 10.30 on. We look forward to welcoming you!
We're a church of real music lovers! Join us before Sunday worship at 9.30am for choir practice - we enjoy learning the hymns, along with our choral "introit" and "anthem." Throughout the year there are also opportunities to join with the choirs of the other Giffnock churches for special services.
We meet with whatever craft projects we have on the go, every Wednesday from 1.30pm, after Lunchbite Café. All are welcome, even if you're not crafty - just come for a natter!
We meet at 2pm, every Friday, at the Vets' Carpark at Rouken Glen Park. Come rain or shine, whoever turns up on the day heads out for a leisurely stroll. All are welcome, no matter your fitness level!
If you would like us to pray for you, or someone you know, please send the prayer request in one of the following ways:
Phone Rev Judith Tatton-Schiff on 0141 638 0668 or email
Write to the church office by post or by email
Join us for worship any Sunday or Wednesday at 11.30am
Join us at our Prayer Meeting in the Vestry at 10.00am every Friday
Other Local Churches
Sunday Morning Traditional Worship @11am:
- Giffnock South (Church of Scotland)
Greenhill Avenue, Giffnock, G46 6QX
- Orchardhill (Church of Scotland),
12 Church Road, Giffnock, G46 6JR
- Park (Church of Scotland)
Ravenscliffe Drive, Giffnock, G46 7QS
Sunday Evening Services:
- Park Church
1st Sunday of the month, 6.30pm
- Giffnock South
2nd Sunday of the month, 7pm
Tuesdays 10:00 am Toddlers Group
18:15 pm Beaver Scouts
19:15 pm Cub Scouts
19:30 pm Explorer Scouts
Fridays 19:30 pm Scouts
Sunday School, for young folk of all ages, is offered every Sunday, and we follow the same themes as the grown ups, week by week. Everyone is really welcome!
We host Messy church, in partnership with the 3 other Giffnock churches, throughout the year. Activities include crafts, story time and worship, followed by a great lunch! Messy church is for children of all ages, with accompanying adults. There is no fee, and vegetarian food is always available.
Watch this space for details of our next Messy Church!